If you own a swimming pool in the Southwest United States we want to encourage you to perform one of the largest water conservation acts that a homeowner can do and that is to not drain your swimming pool!
- Washing only full loads of laundry and dishes saves up to 50 gallons per week
- Fixing household leaks promptly saves up to 20 gallons per day
- Turning the water off when you brush your teeth saves up to 2.5 gallons per minute
- Dual flush toilets can save homeowners on average 4,000 gallons per year
- Watering your lawn only a couple of days a week instead of 5 or more saves on average 840 gallons per week
- Checking your sprinkler system for leaks saves on average 500 gallons per month
But, what is rarely discussed is what homeowners can do with their swimming pool water when the calcium hardness, total dissolved solids and cyanuric acid levels get high. Instead of draining your swimming pool you can recycle the water and a homeowner can save on average 16,000 gallons or more of water in a day! In California, Nevada, Arizona, Texas and other are states our fill water is loaded with calcium and other hardness minerals. As the water evaporates in the swimming pool these minerals remain in solution and continue to increase causing the following issues:
- Calcium staining on the water tile line, liner of the swimming pool, water features and decorative fountains
- Hard water buildup on pumps, motors and filtration equipment causing decreased life span
- Increased chemical usage
When this happens, you can either drain the swimming pool, which can take a couple days and fill it up with moderately hard water again or you can use our Puripool Process! If you choose to use our Reverse Osmosis Mobile Filtration Trailer, we can purify most swimming pools in less than a day, the plaster is never exposed, you can swim in the pool while the process is done and we put drinking quality water back into your swimming pool which ensures you better than tap water! Not to mention….. WATER CONSERVATION!!
REMEMBER, DON’T DRAIN YOUR SWIMMING POOL, PURIPOOL! CALL US TODAY TO GET A QUOTE!
We will be having our second mobile filtration trailer coming online in a few weeks which is going to lower our lead time. If you’re in the San Diego, San Marcos, Carlsbad, Escondido or Vista area contact us to schedule your swimming pool purification today!
- See more at: http://poolservicestech.com/2016/07/04/a-plea-for-water-conservation/#sthash.VclgAzf3.dpuf